Monday, April 23, 2012

Trees and people used to be good friends

My Neighbor Totoro (1988)

Rating 4.75/5.0

where 5.0 is another animation film that hits all the right spots


This film is a poem.

It's the definition of psychedelic without being psychedelic. It's the definition of a kiddie film without being just a film for kids. This is what kids and adults should be watching together -- to grow; to learn; and to unlearn. Going by how I have changed since I was a kid -- I need to grow all over again; and I need to learn and unlearn a lot before I can become the happy child that I once knew. My Neighbor Totoro is like a magic potion that aids your return to innocence.

Watch it even if you don't want to grow or learn. Watch it for the animation -- it takes you to the world where you would rather be -- a world which you don't know why you abandoned for the insane mass of concrete you now call home.

IMDB link here

3 comments:

  1. Very good review...just wanna watch it NOW!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its very nice post. I am very pleased to find information like this..

    For new songs 2013

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learn and unlearn to become that happy child...nice one :)

    ReplyDelete